Crescent Beach is part of South Surrey’s beachside community and is home to approximately 1200 residents.
Know Your Neighbours in Crescent Beach
Located at the tip of Surrey, Crescent Beach sits on the coast and overlooks Boundary Bay. This tiny coastal community has many vacation beach homes and single family homes. These homes are primarily cottages, built, for the most part, before 1950. Because of its proximity to White Rock, this picturesque community shares many festivals, resources, and services with its neighbor.
Dine in Crescent Beach / White Rock
Depending on your taste buds, there is every type of dining experience in the communities from Grandview Heights to the strip along White Rock’s Marine Drive – not to mention hidden gems in Crescent Beach and Ocean Park. Some of these new enterprises and old landmarks include:
- Uli’s REstaurant
- PJ’s Jamaican Restaurant
- Five Corners Vietnames Restaurant
- The Cabin Restaurant
- Seahorse Grill
- Pelagos Restaurant
- Martino’s Cappuccino and Coffee Bar
- Crescent Coffee House
- Sawbucks Nieghbourhood Pub
- 3 Dogs Brewing
- Baselines Pub
Fun Stuff To See & Do in Crescent Beach
Within the Crescent Beach area, there are many things to do:
- Go sailing at the Surrey Sailing Club
- Play tennis at the Crescent Beach Tennis Court
- Learn something new at the Alexandra Neighbourhood House
- Visit Dunsmuir Farm
- Take in the Summer Sea Festival in nearby White Rock
- Visit Blackie Spit, as well as the Historic Stewart Farm and, of course, the well-known Crescent Beach itself.
There are also plenty of specialty stores which you won’t want to miss in South Surrey and White Rock, including:
- Semiahmoo Shopping Centre
- Ocean Park Shopping Centre (128 Street & 16 Avenue)
- Windsor Square (1956 – 152nd Street)
- Hillcrest Mall (1457 Johnston Road)
- Peninsula Shopping Center (15355 – 24th Avenue)
Parks, Recreation & Culture in Crescent Beach
From beautiful sandy beaches to redwood trees, South Surrey parks won’t disappoint not to mention Surrey’s newest and largest pool at the Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre. Crescent Beach parks include over 80 acres of parkland to explore and enjoy in this sought-after seaside community.
As far as culture goes, you’ll find the Arts and Culture Community Groups are alive and active in Crescent Beach and White Rock. Tapping into the Semiahmoo Arts/What’s Happening Calendar, you won’t miss an upcoming event.
Schools in Crescent Beach
As part of the City of Surrey, Crescent Beach is served by Surrey School District 36. For information on the wide range of public education and support programs to students of all ages, visit www.SurreySchools.ca. You can easily locate the school in your catchment area using the School Locator. Simply type in your street name and find your child’s school.
In addition to these schools, Crescent Beach is also home to the Laara WilliamSen School of Art, a French School and a German School, as well as the White Rock Summer School of the Arts.
Access to these post-secondary educational institutions is close:
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU)
- KPU Tech Campus (Cloverdale)
- Simon Fraser University, Surrey Campus
- Sprott Shaw College, Surrey Campus
Local Events in Crescent Beach, South Surrey & White Rock
For a complete listing of festivals, annual city events, and community-hosted events throughout Surrey, check out Discover Surrey’s Event Calendar and the City of Surrey. Community events in Our City by the Sea can be found by visiting the City of White Rock website and the White Rock Culture Hub.
- TASTE White Rock
- White Rock Farmer’s Market (May to October)
- Canada Day by the Bay
- Tour de White Rock
Your Guide to the Crescent Beach and the City of Surrey Resources
Surrey is the third fastest-growing Canadian city with six main communities – South Surrey, Fleetwood, Cloverdale, Guildford, Newton, and Whalley.
There are several apps specifically for Surrey and Crescent Beach residents to stay informed and connected, like the Surrey Request to report a problem, Surrey RCMP app, Rethink Waste app, Dinesafe Surrey app, Surrey Libraries app, and COSMOS app. Other useful resources include:
- City of Surrey
- Surrey Public Libraries
- Surrey Parks
- Nature Trails in Surrey
- Surrey Indoor Pools
- Surrey Recreational Facilities
- Surrey Recreation Guide
- Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Surrey Tourism
- Surrey RCMP
- Surrey Board of Trade
- City of White Rock
- White Rock Public Library
- White Rock Parks & Trails
- White Rock’s Beaches & Swimming
- White Rock Recreation & Leisure Facilities
- Peace Arch Hospital
- Explore White Rock
- White Rock RCMP
- White Rock BIA
- South Surrey & White Rock Chamber of Commerce